Saturday, February 7, 2009

Back on Track?

I lost 1.4 pounds this week and 2.4 pounds the week before, for a total loss of 22.6 pounds. I've erased that nasty three-pound gain from two weeks ago.

I was delighted to lose weight two weeks in a row. And everyone knew it! How could they not? I let out a big YES! with a fist pump. I heard someone say, "That must be good." No shrinking violet, I, when it comes to a success.

I haven't lost weight two weeks in a row since the end of November. I haven't been at this weight since before Christmas. I'd like to think that I've finally adjusted to Momentum, but I know better than to be cocky.

In fact, I think I started to have trouble the week I noticed that I'd lost weight six weeks in a row. Oh yeah, I definitely was cocky then.

Last week's meeting was run by a woman who'd lost 190 pounds. 190! She wasn't much of a leader but she was inspirational. She's probably new at it -- last week may well have been her first meeting -- and I always feel for new leaders who come to our meeting. Kaitlyn is an excellent leader, my current favorite. She's funny, informative, and motivational; definitely a tough act to follow.

But, last week's leader asked people to commit to a goal for the coming week. I committed to not engaging in comfort eating in the evening after some very, very long days I had last week. And I stuck to it. So, new-leader-whose-name-I-can't-remember, thank you!

No comments: