Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back to the Future

At my last weigh in, I lost another 1.5 pounds for a total of 25.4 pounds lost. I'm back to having lost over 25 pounds and being below the 10% mark. Unfortunately, I haven't been following the new PointsPlus™ plan to lose this weight.

The glass-is-half-full perspective is that 1) my metabolism is finally getting what it needs to function properly with the latest increase in my thyroid meds and 2) I might again be eating to satisfaction instead of for sport.

The glass-is-half-empty perspective is probably more accurate: I'm taking three antibiotics for Lyme disease and the third one (Flagyl) upsets my stomach, making eating fairly unpleasant. I don't mind losing weight but I'd really rather learn to control my eating. PointsPlus™ is a good plan and I'd really rather follow it. Instead, I'm eating what I can when I can.

On a completely different note, I've been thinking about how PointsPlus™ puts emphasis on protein, which is tough for a Carb Queen. But I'm okay with that because I know I need more protein and should eat fewer starchy carbs. So, even with my tummy troubles, I'm working on feeling satisfied with higher-protein foods.

No comments: