Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Momentum?

As I'd hoped, I did not gain weight last week. I lost .8 pounds for a total loss of 22.4 pounds. My current goal is to claw my way back to a 25-pound total loss.

Writing everything down made me more aware of what I was eating, as well as how much. I've started to measure again, although not everything. As I suspected, I need another week of tracking without Points before I can start working with Points again.

An interesting result of tracking has been my realization that I'm ready to give up Core. I think that a good part of my poor eating was due to depriving myself of too many things that I enjoy. I'm back to accepting that I cannot eat sugary foods; last night at a potluck I had a second helping of macaroni and cheese rather than indulge in dessert. In today's newspaper there was a coupon for Laughing Cow cheese, something I'd given up for Core; I clipped the coupon and put Laughing Cow back on my list of OK foods.

Maybe Momentum will be work for me after all.

No comments: