Saturday, September 26, 2009

I Have Joined the Ranks of the Overweight!

I never thought I'd be thrilled to be overweight, but I am today. I lost 3.2 pounds this week for a total loss of 31.6 pounds AND my BMI is now 29.9.

I am not obese!

When I started to come to grips with my expanding girth, the hardest thing to digest was my obesity. One of medical diagnoses is obesity, which was difficult to see on a doctor's chart. Obesity has never been part of my self-concept. Being overweight, yes; obese, no.

As I approached and achieved each goal on my way to this point, I started to think more often about not wanting to be obese any longer. After turning a new century, I thought becoming overweight would be not far behind. It was only three pounds away, after all.

As with all things weight-related for me, I have to learn the same lesson over and over again: Wishing won't make it so. Only consistently following my program, which now include Weight Watchers, will work and it's going to take way, way longer than I ever anticipate.

For today, though, I'm thrilled! And later, I'll be off to shop for non-stick cookie sheets; I've become hooked on roasted vegetables and my cookie sheets are not only not non-stick, they're disreputable. Out with the old and warped, in with the new and non-stick!

No comments: