Monday, March 10, 2008

Death of the Detoxx Diet

The Detoxx Diet died today. No, wait, I killed it.

I see Dr. Sean tomorrow and we'll have to explore what else he has in his bag of tricks because I've had it with the Detoxx Diet.

Let me refresh your memory: no grains, lots and lots of fat and protein, no sugar, no peanuts or cashews, no canola oil, no hard or moldy cheeses, no mustard or ketchup or commercial mayonnaise, no fruit, no starchy veggies, no corn. I was also supposed to eat only organic foods, fresh herbs & spices, and "pure" water.

I managed to stay on the diet for two months. At the end of the first month I was so fatigued I couldn't work a full day in the office. After seeing Dr. Sean I agreed to try the diet for another month and add supplements & oils that are part of the PK Protocol.

My craving for grains never subsided. I haven't missed sugar, which was a good thing to learn. I was always hungry.

The fatigue has never really let up completely, but it returned with a vengeance last Friday. I was going to tough it out until tomorrow but a take-out lunch with co-workers finally made me give it up completely. I had a yummy roast beef & boursin cheese wrap with reduced-fat potato chips for lunch. Lo and behold, I actually managed to stay at the office all day. And I wasn't hungry afterwards. Placebo effect? Possibly. Do I care? No.

No comments: