Saturday, April 19, 2008

Eight weeks later . . .

It was eight weeks ago that I reached the 20-pound mark of weight loss. And then I hit that plateau caused primarily by the Detoxx Diet and gained a little, lost a little, and so forth. This week I lost 1.6 pounds for a total loss of 20.8 pounds. Yes! Back to -- and over -- the 20-pound mark!

I feel like I'm getting back into the swing of things.

Again this week I tracked Points faithfully and went over my weekly allowance by a lot. I also got almost no exercise. But tracking and anticipating my weigh-in and meeting really do make me more aware of what I'm eating.

This week's success was . . . well, I'm not sure it's really a success, so I guess I need to frame it as a challenge: This week's challenge was to stay at work all week. After two days of training at a computer center that left me achy and exhausted and an evening event that had me on my feet for most of two hours, I thought I'd have trouble staying in the office to work for the rest of the week. But I did stay in the office despite a monumental struggle to do so.

Oh, I do have a success to report: Despite aching all over and feeling desperately tired, I resisted the urge to park as close as possible to places. I got in some walking -- slow walking but walking all the same -- that way.

No comments: