Saturday, April 12, 2008

Over the Limit

I went way over my weekly points total this week but lost 1.2 pounds anyway. Should I conclude that tracking alone makes a person lose weight? ;-)

OK, OK, I know it will catch up with me sooner rather than later.

I treated myself to some artisan French peasant bread with a lovely tangy taste. I calculated the points per serving and duly entered it into the eTools Points Tracker. In the past I'd have been tempted to not count those points, but I've resolved to be honest with eTools.

The challenge this week was to not comfort myself with food after I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia on Tuesday. It explains why I ache all over and, for example, just climbing the stairs to my office wipes me out. The way to increase my exercise tolerance is to start with a five-minute walk and increase it by 15 seconds a day. Fortunately, Zaphod is a clever guy and realized that my treadmill is just the thing for this kind of regimen. I haven't used the treadmill for a long time, so it's tucked away in a corner with lots of stuff protecting it from use. This means I have to find the energy to dig it out. Expending that energy will, oh yes, exhaust me for a day or two. Any questions about why it was a challenge not to turn to food for comfort?

By the way, the French peasant bread has 2 points per 56-gram serving (about a half-inch slice).

No comments: