Saturday, November 8, 2008

No Change Is No Problem

I neither gained nor lost weight last week, so my total loss is at 24.4 pounds. I didn't "follow Plan" this past week because . . . well, I'm not sure why. I stuck to Core fairly well but had a serious cracker attack and ate whole-wheat bagel chips or whole-wheat bunnies after work before dinner.

When I have a cracker attack I don't count the Points. There's no point (sorry) because I'll eat a reasonable portion then continue eating until I'm satisfied.

Whatever the reason I couldn't stay away from the crunchy starches, I'm going to try to avoid them this week. It's important for me to have easy-to-grab snacks ready after work so, as is the case with everything else Core, I'll prepare some snacks this weekend to have on hand during the week.

I'm planning to make some popcorn, which I air-pop in the microwave, and roasted chickpeas, for which I need to track down a good recipe. I might also roast some butternut squash, which is really yummy when I roast it until it's very crisp.

That reminds me: I'm going to bake some spaghetti squash to have with a tomato sauce tonight. Here's my simple recipe, which is based on a recipe at RecipeZaar:

Slice the squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
Sprinkle some olive oil in each half and spread it all over the inside of the squash.
Bake in a 350 oven for about an hour, until tender.
Allow the squash to cool for at least 20 minutes, although the cooler the better.
Scrape out the squash with a fork.

It's really important to let the squash cool before you combine it with sauce. If you don't let it cool it gets mushy. You can always zap it in the microwave to heat it before serving.

No comments: