Sunday, November 2, 2008

Slowly, Slowly

I'm sorry I didn't have the chance to crow about my weigh-in last week. It would have been fun. I surprised myself by losing 4.2 pounds, for a total loss of 27.4 pounds.

And then I took a week's vacation.

Need I say more?

I put on 3.0 of those pounds, for a total loss of 24.4 pounds. I was surprised by that gain because I thought I'd been doing okay. I didn't expect to maintain the previous week's loss but I thought I wouldn't gain back so much of it.

I'm home now, though, and glad to be going back on Core full time. Not staying on Plan meant eating whole wheat toast at breakfast (and one morning of multigrain pancakes -- yum!) and some full-fat sharp cheddar on a sandwich on whole wheat bread for lunch. There were other non-Core indulgences, but none were a wild deviation from my new "lifestyle."

In fact, I was impressed by how much my eating habits and tastes have changed in the past year. I really wanted to make yummy Core meals for dinner. I actually was aware of whether I felt full or not.

So now I'm home again and getting ready to go back to work tomorrow. And I feel pretty good about myself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good habit will keep you healthy and beautiful.

Jessie said...

Oh, Eddie, you are so right!