Saturday, January 5, 2008

Pad Thai - The New Miracle Diet Food?

Just how did I manage to pull off a one-pound weight loss this week?

First, there was our third Christmas celebration on Sunday, where I indulged in a few too many roast beef horseradish swirls.

Next was New Year's Day when the problem was not so much that I overate but that I sat in my recliner all day working on my laptop because the only way to implement changes for the first of the year when the last day of the year is a work day is to do it on New Year's Day.

Then there was my fourth Christmas celebration at a Thai restaurant where I ate crispy pad thai and crab rangoon and thought I might pop if I ate anything more (violating a whole bunch of Weight Watchers' precepts).

Add to all of this the bitterly cold weather we had this week (it was a cause for celebration when the temperature made it into double digits) that made me shorten my already fairly short dog walks and I was feeling certain that the best I could do on the scale was to see no change.

When I said to Frank as he recorded my weight, "I lost? Really?" I must have said it with enough disbelief that he felt I needed a reminder, "Well, that's the whole point."

I can only conclude that pad thai is the new miracle diet food. That, or I'll see it on the scale next week.

No comments: