Thursday, January 31, 2008

Carb Queen

I keep changing the name of my blog.

First it was "This Time I'll Get It Right," which referred to my desire to get the weight off and keep it off once and for all. Someday I might blog about the trials and tribulations of keeping my weight off; it's not a unique story, so I'm not eager to post it.

Then I changed my blog's name to "Fat Is Not A Character Flaw (Oh, Yeah?)," which came from something I once said to Zaphod. The "Oh, Yeah?" was my weak attempt at irony. After that I dropped the "Oh, Yeah?" because it seemed a little too precious and shortened the name to "Fat Is Not A Character Flaw." I still think that's a good name for a blog, but it might not be the best name for my blog.

Now my blog is called "Carb Queen."

It's "Carb Queen" because I'm really, really missing grains. I have long referred to myself as a carb queen. Various doctors have taken it as a symptom of my (pick one) depression, toxicity, or weakness.

I suppose a more accurate title for myself would be "Starch Queen" because I love grains and starchy veggies, like potatoes & sweet potatoes.

The Detoxx Diet is why I'm suffering without my starches. Is it working? Too soon to tell.

No comments: