Monday, February 11, 2008

Is it an addiction if I need it?

I'm still thinking about carb cravings, so I've done some online research.

I love that the American Heart Association handles this so delicately:
Some experts think that people who crave carbohydrates have low serotonin levels. Others caution that these cravings may just be a learned response.
There's even a diet for us "addicts."

Since I've been on the Detoxx Diet I haven't craved sweets . . . well, except when I walked by the candy aisle and inhaled chocolate fumes. And I've been eating lots of veggies (no fruits -- not allowed) so I've been getting the benefits of all those lovely complex carbs.

Why am I still craving grains? And why am I so fatigued that I can't work a full day at work? I have to come home and finish up my day from my recliner (I make my living as a computer geek, so I can compute from my recliner).

And then there's the notion that craving something means it's bad for you. Umm, couldn't mean that you need it?

No comments: