Saturday, February 9, 2008

Not Bad for a Limp Washrag

I gained .2 pounds last week. That's the bad news.

The good news is that I haven't gained back the 3 pounds I lost two weeks ago and that I gained only .2 pounds after another week of fatigue along with dinner out on two nights.

I told my group leader, Karen, that I was going to "live my life eating the foods I love in the amounts I need without guilt." She corrected me and said, "No, it's without apology because you can still have guilt over overeating."

Hmmmm. I know that her saying is "without apology." Since "without guilt" popped out of my mouth unbidden, it may be that "without guilt" is more pertinent to me. I've never had to apologize for eating but I've certainly felt plenty guilty about it often enough.

Karen's family gave her grief about not eating the way they did when she started Weight Watchers. Mine never gave me grief about my eating. Instead, I beat myself up with guilt over not being thin. As Karen says, "We're not puh-fect" (I love her accent).

I see Dr. Sean on Tuesday. I have been faithful to the Detoxx Diet since I last saw him. I still hate it. And I can't help but suspect that these recent bouts of fatigue are caused by it. I have no idea how he'll respond to that assertion.

No comments: