Sunday, September 14, 2008

Core Follies

Gained .2 this week, for a total loss of 26.6 pounds. Didn't make it below the magic 30 BMI this week.

Most of the week I didn't feel full, so I posted on the Veggie & Core message boards at WeightWatchers.com. The two boards are very different but they both came back with the same replies: Post a menu so we can take a look. On Core you're not looking to feel full; instead you want to feel satisfied. Are you feeling satisfied?

So I posted a typical day's menu. Once again, the responses were nearly identical: You're not eating enough dairy. You're not getting enough whole grains. You're eating too much brown rice. Your lunches are too diet-y.

Sigh.

I thought I was doing pretty well with Core, but clearly I'd missed some key points. Fortunately, a couple of the posters pointed me to some threads with lots of recipes using grains. This morning I selected two or three of them, made my grocery list, and went shopping. Now I just need to find the energy to cook!

The plan is to make as many of the changes as possible of those suggested and see how I do this next week. If I'm still feeling unsatisfied (I've learned my lesson on that one!), I'll post a daily meal plan again to see what I'm missing.

Someday maybe I'll be able to help someone else sort out their Core meal plan.

No comments: