Sunday, September 28, 2008

So Much for the Gain-Is-a-Loss Theory

Gained weight again this week, so my total loss is down to 25 pounds. My leader mis-calculated, so I thought I had fallen below that magic 25-pound mark. When I checked her math, I breathed a sigh of relief. It took me a long, long time to pass the 25-pound mark that it has more significance for me than it should.

Now I have to knuckle down and lose some weight. My leader suggested that I measure & track & count Points this week. She's right. I think I've been eating too much of the yummy grains I've been making. If there's a way to abuse a food, I'll find it.

So, it's off to eTools to change my plan from Core back to Flex so I can calculate the Points for the grains recipes I like so I can determine what a realistic portion is. The hard-core, purist Corbies on the Weight Watchers Core message board believe that if one counts anything other than the weekly 35, one isn't following the Core plan. Phooey, if it helps me to lose weight and to learn portion control, I don't care what kind of mutt it is.

No comments: