Saturday, September 6, 2008

Setting Milestones

When I started Weight Watchers, I did so without a thought toward setting milestones. I just knew that I needed to stop gaining weight and start losing.

It wasn't long, though before I started to set milestones. Five, ten, fifteen pounds -- those were the first milestones I set and I rewarded myself with a WW Points calculator, a WW water bottle (which I have since abandoned because it probably contains BPA), and a WW magazine.

Next, I looked forward to hitting the 10% mark, which took months and months and months. I rewarded myself with the Hungry Girl cookbook.

My next milestone is to get my BMI (body mass index) to below 30. When my BMI goes below 30 I will no longer be officially obese. I will finally have entered the ranks of the merely overweight. I detest the term obese and I'm looking forward to shedding it.

Today my BMI 30.6. I have no idea how much weight I need to lose to see it go below 30 and I'm not going to calculate it. It's more interesting this way!

2 comments:

Twisted Cinderella said...

I do have milestones, I don't have rewards for them, but now that I read about yours, I think it is a good idea!

Jessie said...

Go for it!

And let me know what kind of milestones you're setting!