Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Bride Was Beautiful

Today was the wedding for which I experienced "wedding bell blues" while shopping for something to wear to it. The bride really was beautiful. Her dress was gorgeous. She and her dress complemented each other. The groom was handsome. The ceremony was lovely. And a good time was had by all.

I'm glad I made myself go shopping for something to wear and purchased something I like and felt comfortable in. I hadn't looked at the skirt and blouse since I bought it and was pleased when I pulled them out of the bag before getting dressed. Maybe I'm making progress?

In order to have time to slice tomatoes and lettuce for 100 hamburgers (the wedding was not a catered affair, but it was no less lovely) I went to my WW meeting last night (Friday). I'd never been to a non-Saturday meeting before . . . really! I was surprised that there were even fewer people at the meeting than on Saturday morning. It was convenient to go off to a meeting after work and start my weekend knowing I'd had my weigh-in.

No comments: