Sunday, August 17, 2008

eTools for eFools?

As I said in yesterday's post, I've decided to switch from Weight Watchers' Flex program to its Core program. I was motivated to do this by this week's meeting, where we got to talking about the advantages of Core and I realized that I'm practically eating Core already. I just have to give up bread and crackers (not easy, but I can still have rice, potatoes, and whole wheat pasta once a day).

I use eTools, which help me to track and plan. I've been driving myself crazy today trying to figure out why a recipe I entered that contained all Core foods had a Points value of 5. It should have a value of 0.

Finally, I started to troll the Help pages and found that the Recipe Builder doesn't work correctly for Core -- at least not yet and maybe never. That makes using the Planner useless for tracking my WPA (Weekly Points Allowance -- everybody on Core gets 35 Points to spend on non-Core foods).

My next stop was the Core Plan message board. The messages boards on WeightWatchers.com leave something to be desired, but I did eventually find a post that helped me out. The trick is to increase the number of servings to 99 or 100 to get the Points value to 0. Um, I pay $12.95 a month for a service that doesn't work for me?

No comments: