Saturday, August 9, 2008

A New Phase?

Lost weight this week: -1.4 for a total loss of 24 pounds. Making progress! I haven't been this low since I started Weight Watchers.

I don't have a lot to comment on today, but that's not what the "new phase" in the title is about.

The new phase I'm considering is whether I need to move on from Karen, my WW leader. Karen is funny, smart, and clever. Yes, here comes a "but": But too often her meeting is about her and not about us.

Last week, I attended Kaitlyn's meeting on Friday night. She also leads the first meeting Saturday morning. I go to Kaitlyn's meetings when I can't make it to Karen's. But I noticed last week that Kaitlyn's meetings are about us, not Kaitlyn. Last week I got a terrific recipe for butternut squash fries (cut up a butternut squash, spritz with oil, bake at 400 for about 10 minutes, indulge). I've never gotten anything like that at Karen's meetings.

So the new phase I think I'm entering may be that I go to Kaitlyn's meeting when I need motivation and Karen's meeting when I need inspiration. Sometimes the difference between the two is very minor, but at this point in my "journey" the two are distinct.

No comments: