Saturday, August 2, 2008

Fried Food Deficiency

I lost weight this past week. I lost 1.8 pounds, for a total loss of 22.6. Having hit my 10%, I'm now motivating myself with the goal of going over 25 pounds lost. The "washer" that WW hands out at 25 pounds lost (there are washers for other milestones, but I'm not certain what they are) doesn't have the cachet for me that the 10% keychain did, but it has finally occurred to me (duh) that I need to keep finding milestones to develop any kind of momentum.

Now to the topic of this post. The turtle I received (Be the Turtle) this week was given to me at lunch. It was up to me to select the place to have lunch, so I chose Lang's Express for a variety of reasons I don't need to detail.

Lang's has an all-you-can-eat lunch buffet and I knew before I got there that I was going to partake. Partake? No, it was more like indulge. Indulge? No, it was more like dive in!

Clearly, I'd been suffering a fried food deficiency because I went back -- twice -- for egg rolls and crab rangoon (oh, I had some noodles, too, but I managed to avoid almost all veggies). And I enjoyed every bit of it. Once I realized that I was not going to exercise restraint, I just went for it. I didn't feel guilty about it and I didn't obsess over it later.

I did, however, pay attention to how I felt that evening. I was still feeling satisfied from my fried-food fest, so for dinner I had a bowl of air-popped popcorn. And whatever craving I had for fried food before my Lang's excursion has been satisfied -- perhaps for months.

Ah, sweet satisfaction. I lost weight this week!

No comments: