Saturday, August 30, 2008

That was some birthday cake!

. . . and the leftovers stayed behind at the party. I did have a sliver of it and it was quite tasty. Unfortunately, I had to taste and adjust the flavoring of the frosting many times. Once I was into the sugar, it was hard to stop. There was frosting left over and it went into the trash the first thing the next morning, a difficult task requiring massive willpower. I've known for a while that I just can't eat sugary things but I gave in for the birthday cake.

I got back on the straight and narrow for the rest of the week and -- ta da! -- lost .4 pounds for a total of 26.6 pounds lost. There's something to this Core Plan.

I'm still looking for the perfect fat-free salad dressing. Fat-free plain yogurt mixed with salsa makes a yummy creamy dressing; the problem is it tastes best at room temperature and I don't always remember to pull it out of the fridge before I need it. So I continue my quest for a fat-free non-creamy salad dressing (there should be a better name than "non-creamy salad dressing," shouldn't there?).

No comments: