Monday, December 17, 2007

First Lunch

Oh, not really my first lunch ever. My first brown-bag lunch at work without a piece of fruit. It went OK. I had my usual Gardenburger sandwich (in a Weight Watchers pita). And I had a salad with grape tomatoes, feta cheese, and Newman's Light Sun-Dried Tomato dressing. The feta cheese is the new thing. It's reduced-fat feta cheese but I normally wouldn't have it on a salad at lunch.

I've been thinking more about the Detoxx diet and it's requirement of full-fat dairy. Since I decided to ease into the diet, moving to full-fat dairy seems more possible. It helps that my friend BlueSky told me that she eats full-fat everything because she doesn't trust the reduced-fat versions. Add to that an article I read in Newsweek about fertility that reported that women who eat full-fat dairy are more fertile and the reason is that removing the fat also removes hormones. No, I'm not trying to get pregnant (ahem, a surgeon made that impossible in 1994), but the idea is thought-provoking.

No comments: