Saturday, December 15, 2007

Plus .6? Hardly Worth Noting!

At today's weigh-in I gained .6 pounds, making my total weight lost 9.8 pounds. I actually thought I'd lose a bit of weight this week, so maybe I'm just feeling a bit leaner. Six-tenths of a pound is a minor gain.

I've been thinking about the Detoxx diet and how I'm going to make it work for me. I'm going to start easing into it next week. I didn't buy any fruit to take for lunch next week. I don't know what I'll eat in its place but I've decided to eat as little sugar as possible.

Another decision I made about the Detoxx diet is to continue to eat grains, but to eat less of them. It's hard to beat a sandwich for brown bagging it. I've been eating Weight Watchers seedless rye, which is hardier than their whole wheat and still has only 1 point for two slices.

The Detoxx diet is a high-fat diet (something to do with getting the liver to release toxins and wash them out of the body with fat) and I've decided I just can't do that. I'll adjust the kinds of fats I eat (like not eating canola oil) but there's no way I'll reintroduce full-fat dairy, for example, into my diet.

No comments: